[Asterisk-biz] Reseller programs

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Thu Sep 23 21:44:09 MST 2004

Hi Brandon,

Brandon Patterson (peering) wrote:
> Voip Quality not there yet? I don't agree. In Canada with Cable and DSL
> the speeds are even better than the USA.

I compare VoIP quality to that of a cel phone call. And when someone
wants to do serious business they usually do it over a land (PSTN) line
so as to minimize the risk of a misunderstanding.

I do agree that the quality _can_ be engineered to provide a robust
solution but that in many situations the cost is prohibitive. As I'm
sure you know, Telus invested $200 million in a MPLS network that
ensures optimal routing. Telus has publicly stated
(http://www.newtelephony.com/news/735.html) that they are targetting
their service to organizations with _more than_ 30 extensions.

  Our guys expected to see you in
> Atlanta
> did you have anyone there? Lots of Calgary people went down.

We very much wanted to attend but it just wasn't in the budget. :-( I
understand that Allison is a U of C grad (I am too).

  Our Voip
> Network
> is working great. Aussie guys sound like they are in the same room. Its all
> in the design,
> build and operation! I love Voip.

Maybe we can chat off alias, we have certainly had customer interest in
"VoIP trunks" and want to provide it but we haven't found a robust
solution/provider yet.

Cheers

Jason