[Asterisk-biz] Hotsip server and * for IP PBX purposes

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Fri Sep 17 05:07:20 MST 2004

Terje Myhre wrote:

>Our plan is to offer business customers the IP-PBX, by the way that they get
>a CD with a Linux installation, make the installation of their own server,
>we get access to the server through the customers firewall, and we make the
>asterisk installation from remote.
>

>I would like to have comments upon the above design,

What is your target market? Small, Medium or Enterprise? I don't think
you can assume that a Small Business will be able to install it
themselves unless you have  EXCELLENT documentation (i.e.  written by a
Technical Writer and NOT by a Developer) or you have an idiot-proof full
blown GUI install. If read correctly I think you're also assuming that
they've done their own Linux install. Even if it's a Medium sized
business and they have their own in-house IT they could very well be a
Windows-only shop with NO experience in Linux/UNIX - it's not unheard of
in North America, maybe things are different in Europe.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

--
Jason Becker