[Asterisk-biz] Hotsip server and * for IP PBX purposes

Terje Myhre tem at telecoms-resources.no
Fri Sep 17 00:59:31 MST 2004

Hello,

We (www.wx3.se) are operating a sip-proxy (and ip-telephony operator) in
Sweden based upon Hotsip (which has nice re-direction features and a good
pc-client with IM, presence and video), and we have developed an add-on
IP-PBX solution for the business market to be able to develop services like
:

- every internal phone mirrors a public number
- call transfer
- short numbers for internal phones
- voice mail
- etc

As these services have low quality consistency in the sip proxy domain, the
asterisk implementation made locally at every business site will secure the
consistency of the services for each of the customer companies.

Our plan is to offer business customers the IP-PBX, by the way that they get
a CD with a Linux installation, make the installation of their own server,
we get access to the server through the customers firewall, and we make the
asterisk installation from remote.

We're thinking that the pricing for the *-installation should be in the
domain of sub-k USD, plus maybe a few tens per extension.

I would like to have comments upon the above design,

plus that I would like to know if anyone would be interested in knowing more
about the Hotsip platform (used by Telia Sonera for their broadband
telephony service in Sweden and Finland) - to potentially mimic a proposal
like above in other countries than Sweden.

Br,

Terje Myhre