[Asterisk-biz] Success Finding DIDs?

Muiz Motani muiz at i-dist.com
Thu Sep 9 20:44:05 MST 2004

On 9 Sep 2004 at 19:33, you wrote:

> Muiz,
>
> DIDs are not like Pistachios or Dry Dates available in Tehran.
> DIDs come from TDM Pri Cards from Telecom Companies.
>
> Wherever telecom companies are private or semi privately owned,
> like in countries like USA and UK where CLECS (Competing Local
> Carriers have rights to those DIDs) you will see them on sale.
>
> Countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc
> where telecom is completly controlled by the Government or
> Public Sector Enterprise, do you think that they will see your
> emails on Asterisk Forum and sell you the DIDs, and risk their
> hands being chopped off ??

There is no need to be so caustic, sarcastic and patronizing in your response
Seshu. And I certainly hope that your "hands being chopped off" remark is
not an attempt by you to be witty about the penal code in those countries
(well, at least Saudi). If you have such an unprofessional approach in your
response I would doubt that I, or many others, would do business with you.

I am well aware of where DIDs come from, thank you very much. I also know
what a CLEC is, so you don't need to spell it out for me. I am also very well
aware that few, if any, public government owned PTTs are on this mailing list
or really care about Asterisk. However, there are many people who read
these mailing lists who buy and sell terminations and originations. There are
even people (and I know this for a fact) who buy and sell terminations and
originations in Iran, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Note that I am not interested
in anything to do with the latter two. So let's drop them from the discussion.
Now, if people have SIP or H.323 gateways set up to sell origination and
termination for calling cards it would stand to reason that they could also sell
me a SIP or H.323 trunk to a DID where they did originations, hopefully in
Tehran.

Enough said. Now, can anybody give me any HELPFUL input on what I am
looking for?
Muiz Motani
Intelligent Distribution
72-6800 Lynas Lane, Richmond, B.C.  V7C 5E2
email: muiz at i-dist.com
phone: +1 604 448 9293     fax: +1 604 448 9296