[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Business Termination -- VOIPJET

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Nov 22 21:20:31 MST 2004

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> (*quality* of call, such as guaranteed problem-free CID/CIDNAME delivery,
> guaranteed problem-free fax, guaranteed working phones even when their
> router is down/down) is *more* important than saving a penny or two per
> minute.

In my experience, quality routers are more reliable than quality phone
systems. They are simpler, easier to manage and usually have no moving
parts (unlike phone systems with voice mail and ACDs).

Businesses who use VOIP over a T-1 circuit have _less_ points of failure
than if they used TDM phone service over that same T-1, because they
have no complicated equipment in their office to worry about.