[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Business Termination -- VOIPJET

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Mon Nov 22 21:07:17 MST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Matt Riddell wrote:

> > [remark: i'm not competing with any of the above. I can't care less
> > whether they are successful or not.]
>
> So you don't run a VOIP service, don't do web design or portal
> programming?  Don't sell or produce phones?
That's correct ;)

Just sell colocation, dedicated servers (and yes, we *have* a datacenter
that we *own*), T1 & DSL (in NY/NJ) and telephony services (tdm and IP)
via private circuits. We don't do any 'voice over internet'.

I'm not a big fan of VoInternet operations - they may be good for
residential use - but how do you compete with marketing muscle of Vonage?
Enthusiast market is quite small. Businesses will rarely go for it
(*quality* of call, such as guaranteed problem-free CID/CIDNAME delivery,
guaranteed problem-free fax, guaranteed working phones even when their
router is down/down) is *more* important than saving a penny or two per
minute.

I'm sure I'll hear from everyone here who are making money on voice over
internet - just isn't for me. For now.

 -alex