[Asterisk-biz] VoIP over satellite

VoIP voip at lookieloo.net
Mon Nov 22 18:58:20 MST 2004

don't know what carriers you guys are using, but the guys I deal with have
about 250 ms delay ( one-way ) you must be referring to the "consumer"
services as opposed to buying transponder space on a real satellite.  We do
SIP over satellite, no problem at all.  When you buy transponder space, you
pay for the quality, but it's equivalent to the delay on a cell phone.  Just
enough to be annoying, but good enough for the unaware end user.

check out these guys: www.gwsn.com

they are our preferred Sat dealer.

Gary Pede
VoIP and Wireless internet Division