[Asterisk-biz] * functionality

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Jun 14 07:57:04 MST 2004

The answer is yes to all.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
HYPERLINK "http://www.totarotechnologies.com/"Totaro Technologies, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mohd Amin
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 11:08 PM
To: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-biz] * functionality

Hi,

i'm in the process of evaluating communication solutions for a startup
company doing business outsourcing. What i need is a system which can
handle multiple phone lines and each line is represented by a company.
Whenever the phone rings, or a softphone rings, the receptionist picking
up the phone will have a pop up showing the company the phone line
belongs to. In addition, i need an application programming interface so
that interfacing with other software can be done. An IVR is a plus.
Another scenario is when a call goes to an extension, no one picks up,
and the call is routed to the operator after a fixed amount of time, the
operator knows who is the call made to by screen pop up. Voicemail and
able to handle multiple operators is also a plus.

I'm thinking of getting a digital ISDN line for this, since a panasonic
guy told me its can carry around 30-40 lines and there is caller id
bundled in. I've been reading about dialogix boards, can i use them in a
normal pc(Pentiums) and if the need arises, can i join up multiple pcs
with additional dialogix boards and cluster them together?

Thanks,
Amin
+60123305615

---