[Asterisk-biz] * functionality

Mohd Amin amin at tradeshiponline.com
Thu Jun 10 20:08:25 MST 2004

Hi,

i'm in the process of evaluating communication solutions for a startup company doing business outsourcing. What i need is a system which can handle multiple phone lines and each line is represented by a company. Whenever the phone rings, or a softphone rings, the receptionist picking up the phone will have a pop up showing the company the phone line belongs to. In addition, i need an application programming interface so that interfacing with other software can be done. An IVR is a plus. Another scenario is when a call goes to an extension, no one picks up, and the call is routed to the operator after a fixed amount of time, the operator knows who is the call made to by screen pop up. Voicemail and able to handle multiple operators is also a plus.

I'm thinking of getting a digital ISDN line for this, since a panasonic guy told me its can carry around 30-40 lines and there is caller id bundled in. I've been reading about dialogix boards, can i use them in a normal pc(Pentiums) and if the need arises, can i join up multiple pcs with additional dialogix boards and cluster them together?

Thanks,
Amin
+60123305615