[Asterisk-biz] request assistance on voip and ivrs (asterisk) integration

bok talaspray at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 19:46:41 MST 2004

hi,

i would like tor equest for assistance from those that
have knowledge and experience in supporting off-shore
operations with a voip and ivrs deployments...

scenario:

we need to support simultaneous us/canada-based
callers/clients (target  market: overseas HK
professionals) through a US-toll free number and have
their  inquiries handled by an ivr system (asterisk).

for automated inquiries, the ivrs should be able to
handle the process  but for operator-assisted/customer
service personnel-assisted inquiries,  the call/s
should be routed to our "live" customer agents here in
the  HK. We welcome the outsourcing of our ivr system
OR we can  deploy our own ivr system via asterisk
(preference on latter although we have no experience
in setting up an ivrs in asterisk yet.

NOTE: so we won't get charged int'l telco rates, we
need the ivr system  to be capable of utilizing voip.

we are not interestd in a non-voip deployment since
int'l telco rates  would be too prohibitive and
expensive.

Again, here our requirements: kindly assit us ir our
presumptions and plans are "workable"

1. US toll free number with support for simultaneous
callers (we plan to obtain this as well as a virtual
pabx-type of service from a us service provider)

2. an ivr system (again, either we subscribe to an
existing ivrs provider or create our own using
asterisk)

3. voip provider to forward call/s from US toll free
number/virtualpbx  to ivrs to our HK operations
OR
voip provider to forward call/s from US toll free
number/virtualpbx to HK operations (VOIP
gateway/server) to our customized asterisk ivrs

On a previous post here, i read that Digium and
asterisk both said that their ivrs works well with
>> voicepulse and nufone voip service providers in the
US but we can't seem to get hold of their customer
service people wheneve we try to call them nor are
their email replies to our inquiries helpful.

LASTLY, we plan to have an adsl connection here (128
kbps) to support the voip service--will this suffice
to handle simultaneous us/canada-based calls to our
ivrs here in HK?

i appreciate all the asistance...many thanks...

-- bob