[Asterisk-biz] Connect more Voip Provider to create a network

William Suffill dedd at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 18:47:44 MST 2004

Been considering this myself as well. I don't actually terminate calls
but use a number of termination providers to route my calls currently
since it's the most cost effective.

Was thinking of using Enum to store the iax2 peers to use for each call
region based on a LCR assuming the connection was reliable enough.

I brought this up with a few people and they agreed networking with
others is the best way to expand coverage but compensation is a sticking
point and problem.

Only way we came up with was to require a deposit from everyone involved
similar to prepaid iax2 termination. And their balance would go up the
more calls they terminate for members and down for those others
terminate for them.