[Asterisk-biz] Connect more Voip Provider to create a network

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Thu Jun 10 18:42:43 MST 2004

John Todd wrote:

>  1) the protocol for route exchange (what numeric prefixes are you
> offering?  how many paths?  how much does each cost?  what codecs do you
> support?  encryption?  etc.)

With number portability in NANP, you need to exchange routes down to
complete numbers, not just prefixes. There's probably a way something
like BGP4 could be leveraged for this sort of thing, but I don't know
how you could encapsulate the path number/cost information. This is
definitely not a small problem :-)