[Asterisk-biz] Connect more Voip Provider to create a network

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Jun 10 18:33:44 MST 2004

At 8:14 PM +0200 on 6/10/04, Dimitri Bellini wrote:
>Dear ALL
>	why we cant made a sort of network througt Voip Provider from
>all over the
>world to have nice price in local termination?
>Please say some considaration about it.
>Thanks in advance
>Dimitri

This is a good idea, and others have suggested it before.  Nobody has
implemented it.

Please provide:

  1) the protocol for route exchange (what numeric prefixes are you
offering?  how many paths?  how much does each cost?  what codecs do
you support?  encryption?  etc.)

  2) the method by which you wish to have automated compensation for
gateway usage

(1) is always required, (2) is not if you want to offer free
termination (but I don't think that's what you want.  Nothing exists
at this point that does (1), and the only models I have seen that
handle (2) are extremely complex and difficult to implement.  Arbinet
is a nice answer, but how about something that can be established
ad-hoc, without a "middleman"?  (PS: Does Arbinet collect payment for
"free" calls?  <cough>)

JT