[asterisk-app-dev] ARI Device States vs Endpoint Details

Jim Black jblack at mediu.com
Tue Sep 23 14:55:43 CDT 2014

Haven't seen any mention of Device States in the archives... so I figured
I'd ask the question.

I understand the usage - gives on the ability to set custom device states
to a device in ARI and available only to your ARI application. Is it worth
the overhead to set customized device states when one can get the details
for an endpoint on its state - but limited to whether the endpoint is
active in a channel? Am I missing something? Thanks!!

-Jim