[asterisk-app-dev] Pops when starting/switching audio files

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Sep 9 17:01:45 CDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Krandon <krandon.bruse at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem seems to be with only some of the audio files we are
> converting with SOX. I'm sure that's where the issue is. Sorry for the
> alarm!

Phew.

There were some major performance improvements with media that went into
13, so if you were running that, I'd be more suspicious. The media core in
12 is the same as 11, so there shouldn't be much difference in that version.

> Just to give an update - we've currently had a single Asterisk box (quad
> core 3.0ghz - 8 gigs of ram - SSD) handle over 150 concurrent ARI calls
> with playback - originating about 10 new call requests per second.

That's awesome news. If you don't mind me asking, what's the load on the
box with that call rate?

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager