[Dundi] "Regarding the backup/failover solution"

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Wed Aug 19 15:23:04 CDT 2009

Some hardware will do fail over such as the Twin Star enabled Astribanks
from Xorcom.  They use USB to connect to the server.  When the telephony
hardware detects that the master server is no longer responding it
automatically switches to the backup server.  I believe you still have to
set up rsync cron jobs to keep certain things in sync to make that
switchover seamless though.