[Dundi] Dundi peers in US?

Sascha Fleiss SFleiss at vegasystems.de
Fri Feb 2 01:26:09 MST 2007

Hi Joe,

>How will you handle the fact that 800-number routing is different
>according to where the call is delivered to the PSTN?

If the routing is dependant from the callerid there is no problem, as I
can set the callerid as I want. If the caller cares to have an accurate
callerid all will be fine.

>(For example, many Canadian 1-800 numbers aren't available when
>dialled from the US, and vice versa; additionally, some numbers *are*
>available in multiple regions, but route to different destinations
>according to where the call was originated from.)

Thats one of the reasons to peer. All German free-toll are only aviable
from German PSTN so offering a peering will mean that You can call German
toll-free (+49800) also from other countrys.

>Presumably this problem exists for anybody trying to route calls to
>+18 from outside NANPA (i.e. it's not a VoIP or dundi-specific
>thing); I'm just interested in whether you considered this, and what
>your conclusions were.

You have right, there are some special numbers and routing that will have
a problem with this, but as I can see this affects only a few number
(maybe 1-5% over all).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
best regards,
Un cordial saludo,