[Dundi] Dundi peers in US?

Joe Abley jabley at automagic.org
Thu Feb 1 08:21:17 MST 2007

On 31-Jan-2007, at 07:14, Sascha Fleiss wrote:

>> So what can you do with the US peered servers?
>
> I want to exchange some toll-free calls maybe more. We have open
> our E1
> for outbound calls to toll-free and local numbers (4952X. and
> 49800X.) and
> now I'm missing the same in US and other countrys.

How will you handle the fact that 800-number routing is different
according to where the call is delivered to the PSTN?

(For example, many Canadian 1-800 numbers aren't available when
dialled from the US, and vice versa; additionally, some numbers *are*
available in multiple regions, but route to different destinations
according to where the call was originated from.)

Presumably this problem exists for anybody trying to route calls to
+18 from outside NANPA (i.e. it's not a VoIP or dundi-specific
thing); I'm just interested in whether you considered this, and what
your conclusions were.

Joe