[Dundi] Wow

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Oct 10 12:00:26 MST 2006

Digium is the creator and the backer of DUNDi. It doesn't show much for their enthusiasm or confidence in the protocol if they can't provide good use-case examples for Asterisk. Given that I am not a C programmer, or a Digium employee, how do you suggest I obtain information that I can use to provide documentation about the inner workings of DUNDi to others? Specifically information regarding precache. Show me somewhere on voip-wiki where it talks about how to configure this.

> > Is it because no one is really using it
> No, there are real people using it. I am one of them. I swear I am not
> a robot or AI. Oh wait, you didn't say real people using it. You said
> really using. Nope, I just use it for discovery of extension location
> between two dual-cpu opteron boxes that run a phone system for a
> company spread out between 5 states.

Yes. The people who knock the people asking the difficult questions are often the ones using it in simplistic situations.

> > and there isn't much interest out there in the protocol?
> > Why is that?
> I'm curious about this too. Why aren't there daily updates on CNN.com
> and Reuters about DUNDi status? The whole world should be interested
> in how DUNDi will solve their everyday computing needs.

I don't know. Maybe because American media is all ultra ring wing?

Doug.