[Dundi] DUNDI for inter carrier exchange

Simon Woodhead woodheads at esms.com
Tue Jul 25 00:31:57 MST 2006

Hi Florian,

Actually, for many service providers the ratio between inbound and
> outbound traffic would cause the sums to be paid and received to be
> around identical. This is why peering on a non-charge bilateral basis is
> good. The reason why its disruptive is because with peering there are
> much lower costs involved in getting it set up, allowing smaller players
> to enter the field.

... but if rates could be advertised then there is still the option of
peering at $0 but those who didn't volunteer for financial disadvantage
could still use the system, lowering costs and prices right the way through
the chain.

Your point about premium rate type services is valid ofcourse: Peering
> in the traditional sense kills the billing model in that scenario. Is
> that a bad thing ?

It is when the service is iteself disruptive and saving consumers money -
one man's premium is a discount to an incumbent customer.

We'd be happy to start you up with a GPA.

Thanks. Perhaps we can discuss that off-list.

All the best,
Simon