[Dundi] Gizmo and DUNDI

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jul 7 01:35:45 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 07:55:58PM -0700, Michael Robertson wrote:
> Scott Wolf wrote:
>
> >Do we need any special setup to test the Dundi portion? Also is this
> >the main GPA'd context or the "testing" context.
>
> No, just download and install Gizmo and dial a number which is in the
> DUNDI system. Let me know if it works.

Currently Gizmo seems to be meerly a client to your http://sipphone.com/
service, rather than a generic sip client. As such it cannot simply
connect to a different Asterisk server. That being said, Asterisk can
support SIP peers. But I'm not sure this is exactly the right list to
discuss Asterisk's technical details.

> We need to add a way to Gizmo to add ability to setup for a local
> asterick server. Until then you can only dial a DUNDI number, but can't
> receive calls which is not good. We will do better with next version.
> Our hope is to add smart firewall penetration so Gizmo can be used as a
> remote asterick client. That's our top priority.

This is off-topic in this list, but:

IAX2 support?

And I still don't understand how you're going to connect two clients
that are behind different masquerading routers.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com