[Dundi] Gizmo and DUNDI

Michael Robertson michael at linspire.com
Wed Jul 6 18:32:09 CDT 2005

DUNDI peeps,

We just released beta of Gizmo Project at http://www.gizmoproject.com.
Set aside the non-imaginative name we think this Mac/Win and soon Lin
VOIP client is interesting. It does NAT/firewall traversal as well as
Skype, but it's based on open standard SIP and we're trying to connect
to every one with a commitment to an open directory. Of course this
means DUNDI too!

Gizmo is a snazzy VOIP client with nice features like voicemail, call
record, etc. but more importantly for this list a Gizmo user can call
DUNDI numbers with no additional configuration. We'd like to get some
testers specifically of the DUNDI connection.

We're looking for ways to make it work better with Astericks in general.
Ideally, we'd like to make the client configurable to work with an
Astericks setup, but still do the firewall/NAT traversal stuff so it
could be used as a remote client from anywhere on the net.

Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you and any
suggestions you might have.

Go astericks!

-- MR

Michael Robertson