[Dundi] Question on GPA: Toll Services clause vs. ITSPs

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sat Oct 23 20:09:45 CDT 2004

> "6. TOLL SERVICES. No Participant may provide Routes for any Services
> that require payment from the calling party or their customer for
> communication with the Service. Nothing in this section shall prohibit
> a Participant from providing routes for Services where the calling party
> may later enter into a financial transaction with the called party
> (e.g., a Participant may provide Routes for calling cards services)."

> This would more or less prohibit any commercial service provider from using
> DUNDi, but I perhaps am mis-reading the legal meaning.

Yes, you are missing some subtlty here...  Please excuse the double
negatives in advance.

No participant may provide *Routes* for any Services that require payment
from the calling party or their customer for communication with the
service.  It does *not* say you may not charge your own customer to
connect them to the destination Route that you get back, and it does *not*
say you cannot charge a customer to represent them within the destination.

Mark