[Dundi] Peer Information

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Fri Oct 22 09:42:45 CDT 2004

Michael Bielicki wrote:

>OK, and now for the non US people it would maybne make sense what you
>mean by areacode and LATA ? Areacode = Countrycode ? Lata = areacode ?
>What do I do if I have a multinational setup and server 3-5
>countrycodes ?

Here's an explanation of LATA:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Lata

Basically, a LATA generally defines a group of area codes, and is used
for billing differentiation, although I think that practice is fading
these days.  Still, for some billing plans in the US intra-lata calls
are either free, or not charged per-minute rates.

Area Code should be relevant to most countries:  It's the first "part"
of the number after the country code, which generally (did?) cover
geographic areas.  I'm sure it's relevant for Germany and France, for
example..

+33 (4) = southern france
+33 (6) = France mobile

So, I'd say you'd call the area codes 4 and 6 in the above examples.

-SteveK