[Dundi] GPA e164 Peering requested

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Nov 21 10:46:14 CST 2004

Joe Abley wrote:

> Based on what Mark has said before, it helps the protocol function
> efficiently if you peer with people whose numbers are similar to your
> own. So, it might be more efficient to hook +1602 termination into the
> system by peering with someone who is offering +1613 than someone else
> who is offering +1212.

Hmmm... I wonder what efficiency that would create? There is no
geographic relationship between "similar" numbers in the US at all, and
we'd be offering routes to five area codes that are not even similar to
each other. Does that mean I need to peer with five different peers for
each of my five area codes? Confusion reigns :-)