[Asterisk-video] Generate outbound 3g call will .call file and local channel

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Thu Sep 8 06:23:04 CDT 2011

Hello,

You have to use LOCAL Channels to originate a perfect Video Call Outbound,
atleast we used the method below and it works perfectly.

So here is what you need to do :

[outbound]
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Set(CHANNEL(transfercapability)=DIGITAL)
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,2,Set(CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38)
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,3,Set(CALLERID(num)=1234567890)
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,4,Dial(DAHDI/g0/${EXTEN},30)
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,5,Hangup()

And then Dial out using : Local/9876543210 at outbound within your .call or
ORIGINATE command.

If you want, you can also check the ${DIALSTATUS} variable to know what
happened with the call, but I am not sure if that would tell you if the
remote party had 3G or not, there is no way to find that out, atleast i
wasnt able to find that out, if anyone has light on the status code to look
for in PRI, do let me know,

Hope this solves your problem,

Regards,
Mitul Limbani,