[Asterisk-video] CPU Utilization of H.264 Conference with MCU

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Mon May 30 04:30:29 CDT 2011

Hi Kiran,

The CPU utilization is something that we cannot reduce, it is bound to
the encoding process, which is something expensive if using h264.

You can do one of the following things, reduce the video quality (either
going to QCIF, or H263 or reducing fps) or increase the CPU power of
your server. I have made test with up to 8 participants using HD(720P)
video at 30fps.

Also, the mcu allows you have more than one mixer configured to be able
to use more than one server at a time.

Best regards
Sergio