[Asterisk-video] Video with asterisk, free solution for demostration

andrew mmc andrewmmc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 06:25:39 CST 2010

Hello,

I'm going through the same thing.  Perhaps we can cooperate - it would be
nice to get a nice open-source HowTo to get this working - it is quite a
challenge piecing everything together.  However, progress is being made and
actually on the face of it, it isn't that hard.

It isn't a problem with 1.6...

The problem you are having there is that the swscale library isn't being
linked in.  I had this problem and fixed it but it was long enough now that
I have forgotten exactly what I did.

But basically, you need to ensure that ffmpeg is built properly, including
libavcodec and libswscale, and you are linking all the right libraries with
app_transcoder. i.e. in the Makefile you have -lpthread -lavcodec -lswscale
as your library flags when linking.

When it is right it kicks up a few warnings, but compiles ok.

Andrew