[Asterisk-video] Video with asterisk, free solution for demostration

Jesús Gumiel jesus.gumiel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 03:09:37 CST 2010

Hi Quy,

one simple option to create your basic IVVR is record your own videos
with the command record in Asterisk. If you have your peer configured
with the option videosupport=yes, you can do a call to the dialplan
and record a message.

The command "Record" create two files, one with the audio y other with
the video. For that you must configure the codecs correctly in your
peer. After recording you could use the command "Playback" to see the
video on your phone.

This is valid with a VoIP device, if you want use 3G call, you would
need to configure the h324m stack like Sixto said.