[Asterisk-video] h324m_gw_answer() disconnects me from asterisk cli and call get dropped

Mon Dec 6 10:31:44 CST 2010

Am 02.12.2010 18:07, schrieb Konstantinos Liadakis:
> [...]
>>
>> The production system I have is still running asterisk-1.4.21.1 with
>> libpri-1.4.5 and zaptel-1.4.11.
>>
>> I do not know if newer/older versions work fine too.
>>
>>> Do you think i should change to a more recent asterisk and libpri and
>>> dahdi instead of zaptel? I suspect that zaptel might be causing the
>>> problem, as i am having trouble to start it again after an asterisk
>>> disconnect
>>
>> So, what happens exactly - does Asterisk crash?
>>

>>> asterisk-video*CLI> module load chan_zaptel.so
>>> [2010-12-02 11:25:27] WARNING[9033]: loader.c:362 load_dynamic_module:
>>> Error loading module 'chan_zaptel.so':
>>> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_zaptel.so: cannot open shared object
>>> file: No such file or directory
>>> [2010-12-02 11:25:27] WARNING[9033]: loader.c:646 load_resource: Module
>>> 'chan_zaptel.so' could not be loaded.
>>>
>>> If i reboot then everything will be fine and i will be able to make
>>> normal calls
>>
>> what about reloading the zaptel kernel modules? (rmmod, insmod/modprobe)
>>
>>> Also i read about a patch in libpri in order to make outbound 3g calls,
>>> which in fact is what i want to do. I havent applied any patch to
>>> libpri. Should i and if yes where do i get it
>>
>> The patch is onyl necessary for proper signaling of outbound calls.
>> Thus, in your case where you test with inbound calls there is no need
>> to patch yet.
>>
>>> Finally it is a pitty that there is no little wiki about this wonderfull
>>> project, i am having difficulty to find dialplans to test, like how to
>>> use app_transcode and how to set up test environment e.g. how to make
>>> sip to 3g and vice versa
>>
>> True.
>>
>> Klaus
>>

>> -----
>> No virus found in this message.
>>

> hello Klaus
>
> Finally i managed to do some tests
>
> For h324m to work i had to do the following
>
> I removed asterisk 1.4.15 and used asterisk 1.4.21.1 with the patch as
> for your instructions.
>
> I used libpri 1.4.5 and patched it. I used zaptel 1.4.12.1 because on my
> debian machine i could not compile 1.4.11 (there is a bug about kernel,
> don't know much)
>
> I compiled with my asterisk amr codec, app_mp4, app_transcode, app_rtsp
>
> Now almost everything seem to work.
>
> These are the scenarios i tested
>
> 1. 3g --> pri --> asterisk --> mp4play
> works like a charm video and audio
>
> 2. .call file --> asterisk --> pri --> 3g
> works like a charm - video and audio
>
> 3. sip softphone bria --> asterisk --> pri --> 3g
> video works fine, no audio, i noticed the following errors on different
> tries
> a. Got SIP response 415 "Unsupported Media Type" back from 10.0.0.21
> b. rtp.c:1286 ast_rtp_read: Unknown RTP codec 126 received from '10.0.0.21'
> c. chan_sip.c:5506 process_sdp: No compatible codecs, not accepting this
> offer!
>
> i suspect that bria might not have required codecs

This should work if AMR codec is installed and enabled for the SIP peer.

> 4. 3g --> pri --> asterisk --> sip
> again caller can see my video but i cannot see the caller, no audio
>
> Tomorrow i want to try ivvr, and let you know.
>
> I havent managed to try app_rtsp as i dont have anything to stream from,
> would vlc work?

I do not know.

> i havnet managed to use transcoding as again i dont know how to use it,
> any example or any help?

audio or video? Audio is done automatically by Asterisk. Video requires
app_transcode(), google in the mailing list archive for proper usage
examples. Anyway, quality is getting real bad with app_transcode.

regards
Klaus