[Asterisk-video] H324M/3G video call recording quality

Kalimutu Singh botachek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 23:10:13 CDT 2010

I am using mp4save to record directly from a 3G phone. I thought H245
negotiation would always be required regardless of whether phone-to-phone or
phone-to-asterisk. Please enlighten me on how to establish video calls
without involving H245 nego in the case of phone-to-asterisk.

Anyway, if both phones are same model, I think the quality might be better
since both would has same H245 capabilities. Unfortunately I do not have a
pair of same-model 3G phones to do such testing here. From my experience,
even for phone-to-phone video calls using phones of same brand(Nokia N73 +
Nokia C5), the quality is pretty bad too.

Regards,
Kalimutu