[Asterisk-video] mpeg4 video and h.263

Andy Eager eagera at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 28 16:20:36 CDT 2009

Emmanuel BUU wrote:
> We have done some work on ooh323 and H.264. We can add MPE4G support if
> needed but this will be a paid work.
> Still I do not understand the need: ig you go through a RADVISION 3G
> gateway  you will need only H.263 support that. No?

Yes that's right, but there is a reasonably significant improvement in
video quality of you go MPEG-4
Of course h.264 (MPEG4 Level 10) would be the best, but Radvision
(AFAIK) do not support that.
> I know that H.324m makes the provision of using MPEG4 video as codec but
> I have not seen a single terminal that support it.

Nokia 6110, Motorola Razor V-series,  Nokia 6220 etc all support MPEG4.
In fact most of the newer (<3 years) video mobile phones do.