[Asterisk-video] H264 video conferencing using Asterisk

ldac ldacvs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:25:26 CST 2009

    Hi,

I am new in this list and I am almost new using Asterisk. I have
installed in ubuntu the Asterisk server and I have done an audio
conference between two PCs (two softphones).

    Now, I would like to add video (h264) but I can not do it. I have
added to the 'sip.conf' file the 'videosupport=yes' and 'allow=h264'.
What else should I do from the point of view of the asterisk server?

    Do you think the problem is the client? Have someone done video
conferencing from one PC to another with an Asterisk server in
between??? ...

    Any help is welcome and appreciated.
    Thank you very much.
    Regards, LD.

PS: By the way, the voice communication is not as good as I think it
should be. It is noisy and I suffer some echo. Do I need a high
performance machine where I have asterisk installed? Or it could be an
asterisk configuration problem?