[Asterisk-video] Can multiple calls use the same RTSP stream ?

Julien Leboeuf jleboeuf at neocom.fr
Thu Aug 27 04:53:17 CDT 2009

Hi Borja,

Indeed, that's a good idea. I would just have to set the first RTSP call
as the primary speaker of the conference, and every new calls as listeners.
But I don't want to have the conference up when there isn't actually
someone looking at it. Besides, I suppose I can't execute two
extens/apps in the same time on the first RTSP init call.

I'm not really familiar with app_conference, I'll try looking into it a
bit further.

BTW, I'm playing those RTSP streams via 3G phones and h324m.

Regards

Borja SIXTO a écrit :
> Bonjour Julien,
>
> You probably need to use the app_conference (old videoswitch).
> (make a call to connect to the camera and send the stream to a video
> conference room, each user will be able to see the live video stream).
>
> You must do some modifications in the official conference to make it
> work in this mode.
>
> Regards,
>

> Borja from i6net
>

> Julien Leboeuf a écrit :
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I come at you with an other question about app_rtsp.
>> I wonder if the same RTSP live stream can be reused over multiple 3G
>> call in order to save bandwith. What's the point in having Asterisk
>> connect X times to the same server, to retrieve the same thing.
>>
>> In fact, I already know the answer since I tried with 2 differents
>> phones and carefully looked at the debug log. It's not the case right now.
>>
>> Has anyone thought about it ?
>> I'm seriously thinking about adding this funtion to app_rtsp.. but is it
>> really possible ?
>>

>> BTW, I'm using Asterisk 1.4.25.1 + last app_rtsp version and VLC 0.8.6d
>> Streaming Server
>>
>> Thx in advance

Julien LEBOEUF
Technicien Réseau