[Asterisk-video] app_mp4 - Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6?

Matthew Allen Matthew.Allen at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Aug 11 12:44:44 CDT 2009

Thanks for the quick reply.

As far as video codecs, I would be happy to get even h263 working at
this point, with h263+ being even better.  (I get the impression h264
support is not quite here yet?)

For now I am just prototyping so I'm able to restrict the client to a
single video codec and avoid Asterisk's (faulty?) video codec
negotiation.  I've been testing with X-Lite so h263 and h263+ are both
options.

Eventually I'd like to automate a process where videos can be recorded
in Asterisk and then converted for external players, as well as the
reverse: videos from external sources being converted for use by
Asterisk (I've noticed a post by Borja about a tool being developed for
this).

Thanks again,
Mat