[Asterisk-video] Video content size

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Thu Apr 30 01:49:19 CDT 2009

Hi Robert,

If you will use the app_mp4 with 3gp files, the video must be in (forced
by the 3GP/MP4 format):
SQCIF (Sous-Quart de CIF) 128 × 96
QCIF (Quart de CIF) 176 × 144 H.261
CIF 352 × 288

It the standard configuration of the Asterisk, you cannot trust in the
SIP codec negotiations (too simple and don't care about the size,
bandwidth and pfs...).

One solution will be to have a database with the profile of each SIP
Video Phone (be sure to get it up to date) and use the app_transcoder to
perform the resizing/codec adaptations.
Some Asterisk user integrate modifications (patches...) to enable best
SIP negotiations (see the posts of Emmanuel).
Another solution will be to get the same configuration in all of the SIP
Video Phones (and take care about the video compatibility between the
different models/versions).

Regards,

Borja from i6net