[Asterisk-video] app_rtsp: No media found!

Matthew Allen Matthew.Allen at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Apr 1 13:09:58 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to use Sergio's app_rtsp (latest version) to connect to a
QTSS stream. I'm running Asterisk 1.6.0.

The stream is video only in H.263+ (H.263-1998) encoding.  My sip.conf
has "videosupport=yes" and "allow=h263p" among other codecs. We can
successfully have video calls using the X-Lite client using H.263+ for
video.  The extension that calls app_rtsp is set up correctly. The
stream should be fine; both Quicktime and VLC play the stream just fine.

When I call up the extension to test app_rtsp I always get "No media
found".  It doesn't make it past the DESCRIBE request.

(Also, at the start of the call, there's about 5 to 10 seconds of
repeatedly calling GetUdpPorts before it actually proceeds to the
DESCRIBE.  It could be related to these warnings when I compile:

app_rtsp.c: In function 'GetUdpPorts':
app_rtsp.c:284: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'getsockname' differ in signedness
app_rtsp.c:287: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'getsockname' differ in signedness
app_rtsp.c:306: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
'getsockname' differ in signedness

...but I don't think this is the source of my problem.)

I've been trying to track down where the problem is... I think it might
be on line 1247:

1247:    if (sdp->video->formats[i]->format & chan->nativeformats)
1248:    {
              < ... sets videoType, videoFormat, videoControl ...>
1257:    }

That if statement evaluates to false for me.  The video format gets set
properly to 1048576 (which is the bit for H.263-1998), but the value of
chan->nativeformats is 4, whatever that is, so it's false and those
variables never get set.  Later on it decides "no media found".  Do I
need to do something to change the value of chan->nativeformats?

I'm attaching my debug log, I added a couple of debug statements of my
own (start with !!!).

Thanks for any help, let me know if I can should any other info,

Mat