[Asterisk-video] capability translation from h245 to SIP

Dan Julius dan.julius at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:46:38 CDT 2008

Hi, Sergio,

If there is no capability mapping, how does asterisk decide what
capabilities to put in the SDP body of the SIP Invite message?

When I originate a call from a Nokia N73 to a SIP client, the Invite message
includes and SDP section for video:

m=video 10070 RTP/AVP 34 103
a=rtpmap:103 h263-1998/90000
a=sendrecv

When I originate a call from a Nokia N95 the SDP is different and also
includes the h263/9000 capability:

m=video 10120 RTP/AVP 34 103
a=rtpmap:34 H263/90000
a=rtpmap:103 h263-1998/90000