[Asterisk-video] Asterisk 1.6

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Mon Sep 8 09:06:12 CDT 2008

Klaus Darilion escribió:
> Sergio Garcia Murillo schrieb:
>
>> Klaus Darilion escribió:
>>
>>> Sergio Garcia Murillo schrieb:
>>>

>>> I guess for the applications this should be feasible. I think the
>>> problem will be the patches (AMR and UL1 signaling)
>>>

>> How about creating an amr-1.6 directory then? By the way, the ul1
>> signalling patch is not in the repo, is it?
>> Any luck trying to commit then to the asterisk repositories?
>>

> they are all in the bugtracker but does not fulfill the coding
> guidelines (I extended the ast_channel structure  instead of using the
> new channel-stores architecture) :-(

As expected then.. ;)

I've been talking with Emmanuel today about this issue aslo and trying
to find some clean alternative..

I've been checking both mISDN and Zap channels and they seems to handle
correctly the userlayer1 element, allowing you to hardcode the outbound
videocall type.
The userlayer1 is also stored in the private channel data pointer, so
the main problem is that there si no way to set that from the dialplan.
Even if we implement the
channel data store, we will have to change each channel driver in order
to get the the data from the store and set into the private channel data
(and the posibility of getting that patch accepted are quite few also).

To solve it I was thinking in changing the behaviour of the h324m_call
and instead of just creating a Local channel duplicate some of the
functionalities of the Dial application.
This way we would be able to create the ISDN channel, cehck if it's
mISDN or Zap, and set the private data of each channel to the correct
values. What do u think about it?

Best regards