[Asterisk-video] Problems with black screen and with N95

Joost Kuif joost.kuif at mobillion.nl
Mon Nov 24 08:58:10 CST 2008

Hi Borja,

When i make movies for a asterisk video app i use helix mobile producer,
the first movie i play to the phone, is configured and encoded so that
every second (1000 ms in Helix) a keyframe (or i-frame) is send tot the
mobile. This way, if the first keyframe is missed, after a second the
next one is picked up by the phone and minimal video is missed. Other
movies that follow can have a keyframe every 5 seconds or so.

I also had problems with some older Nokia N95's dialing into asterisk
video. They had firmware v12.0.0.013 (you have that one too according to
your logging below) have you tried latest firmware? (since v12.0.0.015 i
have not encountered the problem anymore).

Currently HTC mobiles (p3700) also seem to have the same problem you are
experiencing....

Grtz,
Joost