[Asterisk-video] mp4save(): different audio and video lengths

Sven Brandau brandau at gmx.de
Fri May 9 14:16:59 CDT 2008

Hi Sergio, Hi @All,

I think the solution that introduced by me works fine on none error prone channels.

In case of errors or lost frames the patch will not have any impact. I
understand that the adaption layer 2 for audio (AL2) and layer 3 for video (AL3)
of H.324M can be used with optional sequence numbers (SN). By using sequence
numbers, the receiver can detect lost frames.

But the use of SN is optional and depends on the implementation of the H.324M
stack on the mobile phone. If the phone doesn't support SN's we can't retrieve
lost frames.

In terms of the problem here with desynchronized audio/video or different
lengths of audio/video, I guess we could solve it only on phones that supports
sequence numbers.

Am I right?

Best regards,
Sven