[Asterisk-video] call handshake fails

Dan Julius dan.julius at gmail.com
Thu May 8 18:25:46 CDT 2008

Hi, Everybody,

I'm new to this project, so  I apologize if  my questions might have already
been answered elsewhere.
I am using a X-Lite, Asterisk 1.4.19, a Digium TE122 card, and a Samsung
Z720 phone.

So far I have been able to make SIP-h234m calls (originating at either side)
with only partial success.
- I only get video in one direction, from SIP to H324M. I've read the posts
stating that SIP->H324m is actually more problematic, so I'm quite puzzled
about this.
- About 33% of the calls fail to negotiate a video connection. After
answering the call, nothing happens until I disconnect.
The out-bound h223 log of a failed call is below. Does this log indicate
that Asterisk is sending terminalCapabilitySet multiple times until it is
acknowledged?

1   0.000000      1.1.1.1 -> 2.2.2.2      H.245 terminalCapabilitySet
terminalCapabilitySet terminalCapabilitySet terminalCapabilitySet
terminalCapabilitySet terminalCapabilitySet terminalCapabilitySet
terminalCapabilitySet terminalCapabilitySet terminalCapabilitySet
masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination
masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination
masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination
masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination
masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination masterSlaveDetermination
  2   0.000001      1.1.1.1 -> 2.2.2.2      H.245 openLogicalChannel
(generic) openLogicalChannel (generic) openLogicalChannel (generic)
openLogicalChannel (generic) openLogicalChannel (generic) openLogicalChannel
(generic) openLogicalChannel (generic) openLogicalChannel (generic)
openLogicalChannel (generic) openLogicalChannel (generic) openLogicalChannel
(generic) openLogicalChannel (generic) openLogicalChannel (generic)
openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel
(h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability)
openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel
(h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability)
openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel
(h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability)
openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel
(h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability)
openLogicalChannel (h263VideoCapability) openLogicalChannel
(h263VideoCapability) multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend
multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend
multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend
multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend
  3   0.000002      1.1.1.1 -> 2.2.2.2      H.245 multiplexEntrySend
multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend multiplexEntrySend
terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck
terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck
terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck
terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck
terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck terminalCapabilitySetAck
terminalCapabilitySetAck
  4   0.000003      1.1.1.1 -> 2.2.2.2      H223
  5   0.000004      1.1.1.1 -> 2.2.2.2      H223

Any pointers on how to debug this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

PS - This is really great work and I'm very impressed with the project and
hope that I will be able to contribute as well.