[Asterisk-video] Patch 0010217

Fri Mar 14 07:25:10 CDT 2008

Sergio Garcia Murillo schrieb:
> AST_FRAME_DIGITAL anyone?? jejeje
> By the way Klaus, is any change on 1.6 that we could use on that issue?

No. I still would favor AST_FORMAT_DIGITAL for "digital" voice calls but
that would require to patch every ISDN channel driver.

I wonder if outgoing 3G calls work for anyone without setting ALAW
manually in app_h324m.c.

Last time I tried to find the cause of the problem and it is:
- h324m_call requests a local channel in format ALAW|ULAW
- the local channel traverses Asterisk's preferred codecs list and
decides to use ULAW (Asterisk preferres ULAW)
- when the zap channel is requested, chan zap detects it is a "digital"
call and thus does not set a certain codec, but uses the "deflaw"
setting of the zaptel kernel module - e.g. using PRI+E1 or bristuff the
deflaw is ALAW.
- now Asterisk has a zap channel with ALAW and a Local channel with ULAW
and starts transcoding :-(

I think most app_h324m users reside in Europe, thus have a deflaw of
ALAW. Wouldn't it be better to make ALAW the default in h324m_call, or
make a command line option to set the "tunnel-codec"?

regards
klaus