[Asterisk-video] Re to H324M video calls with chan_ss7 (it works)

Wed Mar 12 15:27:05 CDT 2008

barbara_b02 at libero.it wrote:
> Hi Klaus!
> I've read your instructions for H324M video calls with chan_ss7...
> Do I need it to make SIP-->3G videocalls?

No. chan_ss7 is only needed if you connect to the PSTN via SS7. In your
case you use ISDN and thus you do not need chan_ss7.

> If yes, in which directory must I apply it? I didn't understand it...
> Now I have Asterisk-1.4.18 and fontventa files with rev>=209 and videocalls from 3G to X-Lite work, but not in the other direction.
> I have this extensions.conf:
>
> exten => _0X.,1,Set(GLOBAL(CELL)=${EXTEN})
> exten => _0X.,n,h324m_call(dialcell at sip_to_cell)
>
> [sip_to_cell]
> exten => dialcell,1,Dial(mISDN/1/${CELL},40,tTkK)
> exten => dialcell,n,Set(CHANNEL(transfercapability)=VIDEO)
> exten => dialcell,n,NoOp(transfer=${CHANNEL(transfercapability)})
> exten => dialcell,n,Set(CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38)
> exten => dialcell,n,NoOp(ul1=${CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)})
> exten => dialcell,n,Hangup()
>
> What I'm doing wrong?

You are dialing first, and then set the channel variables. This can not
work.

1. Set the channel variables
2. Dial

As I see you are using mISDN. I do not know if mISDN supports signaling
of h324m into the PSTN. My patches on the bugtracker are for chan_zap,
not chan_misdn.

As a workaround you could try Asterisk trunk (libpri trunk supports BRI
cards with zaptel driver from bristuff (e.g. HFC chipset). Another
approach would be to extend mISDN yourself.

Please read the following tutorial to understand the possibilities of
Asterisk and ISDN BRI cards:
http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/bri.html

regards
klaus