[Asterisk-video] Record 3GP files (only with AMRNB)

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Tue Jun 10 16:01:14 CDT 2008

Hi Sergio,

3GP is a strict format.
It is a Iso File, but the allowed codecs are limited and we cannot add
normally the G711 codec.
I think we can keep the extension mp4, and be more permissive with this
extension (that generate a lot a mails too, because a lot of users
download mp4 from the web and try to prompt its directly).

An other reason, is that FFmpeg don't support the linear formats added
by Mpeg4Ip (natively).
Forcing to use AMR with 3GP, generate "portable" files allowing to send
(to an external player), convert or process them.

Regards,

Borja