[Asterisk-video] Playing Videos in Asterisk

Sharan Saxena ssaxena at devfoundry.com
Tue Jun 10 04:29:01 CDT 2008

Hi Borja/Sergio,
               Thanks very much for your response. I am currently trying
.h263 files, and have used ffasterisk to generate the files from a .avi file
as:

ffasterisk -i in.avi -o in.wav --audio
sox in.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -s -w out.wav resample -ql              ;
Recodified, otherwise didn't play in asterisk

ffasterisk -i in.avi -o out.h263 --video     ; buffer underflow, but file
generated

But I haven't been able to play the file using Playback(out). Asterisk finds
the format unsupported. I am not aware if the generated video file needs to
be recodified like the audio file. The generated .h263 does not play in VLC
media player also. How can I ensure if the generated file is correct.

I request members to please help,

Thanks very much for your support
Regards
Sharan