[Asterisk-video] Use of app_mp4 application in Asterisk

Sharan Saxena ssaxena at devfoundry.com
Wed Jun 4 00:34:13 CDT 2008

Hi Borja,

            Many thanks once again for your directions. I installed the
Fontventa application, and now I do see app_mp4.so being created in
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/.

But when I use the mp4save() application, in my extensions.conf, as:

exten => 600,1,Wait,0                      ; Wait a second, just for fun

exten => 600,2,Answer                      ; Answer the line

exten => 600,3,mp4save(/tmp/save.mp4)

I get the following on the CLI:

[Jun  3 22:24:30] WARNING[8693]: pbx.c:1832 pbx_extension_helper: No
application 'mp4save' for extension (default, 600, 3)

  == Spawn extension (default, 600, 3) exited non-zero on
'SIP/600-08f4e778'

localhost*CLI> core show application mp4save

Your application(s) is (are) not registered

Please suggest how to register the application, so as to make this work.

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Sharan