[Asterisk-video] Use of app_mp4 application in Asterisk

Sharan Saxena ssaxena at devfoundry.com
Mon Jun 2 05:33:48 CDT 2008

Dear Members,

                              I am new to the list, Linux and Asterisk, and
I am trying to explore the possibilities of playing SWF and MP4 videos in
Asterisk. Web-searching provided

·         Sergio’s Website http://sip.fontventa.com/

o   I was unable to get the Source code through SVN

o   I copied the app_mp4.c file, but saw that it contained a #include
<mp4.h> which I didn’t know where to find.

o   I downloaded mpeg4ip from
http://nixbit.com/cat/programming/libraries/mpeg4ip/

§  I could not install it due missing SDL package on my CentOs 5

§  Installing SDL led to discovery of more missing Linux packages

·         From the website http://www.i6net.com/downloads/pbx-14-packages/
and the mail-thread at
http://www.asteriskguru.com/archives/asterisk-video-a-fontventa-binary-packa
ge-vt122834.html , I installed the asterisk package, but I could not locate
the app_mp4.so in the binaries, and was unable to run the mp4play()
application.

I would request members familiar with setting up app_mp4 to kindly suggest
the steps for making the package work. I am using a Cent Os 5 Linux
Platform.

Thanks for your help and time,

Regards

Sharan