[Asterisk-video] outgoing video-calls don't works

Tue Feb 26 10:45:00 CST 2008

1. establish an outgoing call
2. > show channels
3. analyze the channels in detail:
show channel Local/.....
show channel misdn/.....

and compare the Audioformat (alaw, ulaw). As the digital call is
tunneled as voice frame asterisk may do transcoding which destroys the
digital H.223 stream.

A workaround would be to change in h324m_call (in app_h324m.c) the
format AST_FORMAT_ALAW|AST_FORMAT_ULAW  to either, ALAW or ULAW. This
worked for me.

regards
klaus