[Asterisk-video] help for videocall

Fri Feb 22 12:46:18 CST 2008

Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
>> 3. MAke proper bandwidth settings in XLITE/eyebeam:
>>    deactivate the "zero touch bandwidth detection" and then in the
>> advanced section set the bandwidth to "DSL, Cable".
>>

> Xlite will probably send too much video bitrate so probably you'll see
> video lagging and delaying from audio. In this case use app_transcode to
> reencode the video to the correct bitrate.

Hi sergio!

In my experience, using the "DSL, Cable" setting it works quite well. Of
course it requires configuration of the client.

I have also sent a patch to this list on 17.1.2008 (subject: announcing
bandwidth in SDP) which allows you to configure the bandwidth setting
announced in the SDP. Again there is a drawback: I only works with
xlite/eyebeam.

regards
klaus